Conference title: International Conference on Open and Flexible Education
Date: 6 - 8 July 2016
Venue: Open University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong SAR
The theme for the Third International Conference on Open and Flexible Education (ICOFE 2016) is 'Innovative Pedagogy and Technology', featuring creative pedagogical practices to enhance open and flexible learning and novel use of technologies in educational contexts. It will explore the possibilities of new approaches and means of pedagogy for learning in a wider range of places and times. The conference encourages sharing of research and practices concerning teaching and ways to meet the needs of various types of learners, as well as for better or more effective processes, technologies, or ideas that are accepted by those in charge of education such as teachers, educators or policy makers.
Subthemes of the conference include the following:
1. Pedagogical innovations;
2. Innovations in educational technology;
3. Innovations in curriculum development;
4. Mobile and ubiquitous learning;
5. Engaging students and learning design;
6. Social media and technology-mediated learning communities; and
7. Open educational resources and MOOCs.